Thursday, March 3, 2011

What the heck is a "Groom's Cake"?

A "Groom's Cake" is, traditionally, a gift from the bride to the groom. It's basically the bride handing over the reins and letting the groom go wild - with one item. Sounds a little sad doesn't it?












Well the cool thing about the "Groom's Cake" is that even though the tradition is a tad hokey, the creative outlet is great. There are so many awesomely creative groom's cakes and cake accessories out there, that the sky is the limit!










I think there is also room here to play with the tradition - think of the offbeat/gay/vegan/nerdy/goth possibilities!















Are you planning on having a groom's cake?

2 comments:

  1. I live in California and had never heard of a grooms cake until I went to a wedding in Texas. There, right next to a very traditional white wedding cake, was the most incredible, mouth-watering layered chocolate cake with chocolate frosting covered in strawberries. It was the most DELICIOUS cake I have ever had in my life!! (And I have had SO MANY pieces of cake in my life!!)
    Now when my friends get married here I always urge to have a grooms cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!

    Ive noticed that the grooms cake always comes in fantastic flavors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...