- 1 Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2 Mix the chili powder and brown sugar in a shallow bowl.
- 3 Fit a sheet of parchment paper onto a jelly-roll pan.
- 4 Bury each slice of bacon in the chili and sugar mixture; rub both sides to assure the mixture adheres.
- 5 Lay the bacon strips on the prepared pan.
- 6 The bacon strips may be left flat or twisted two or three times by holding each end to make a candied "stick".
- 7 Bake for 30 minutes without turning.
- 8 Always transfer candied bacon using tongs; the hot sugar can easily burn your fingers.
Don't forget to scour Etsy.com for your favorite paper goods shop. It is very likely that they are willing and able to create these for you in any style you like.