Wednesday, March 30, 2011

DIY Desserts S'Mores and Cotton Candy

I don't care what party I go to I always, ALWAYS look forward to the interesting desserts that are offered.  Here are a couple of non-traditional choices.  S'mores and Cotton Candy.  Pair them with a rustic or carnival theme and you have a show stopper.
S'Mores Bar

How cool would a S'more bar be at your reception?  Make it even better by doing some DIY marshmallows and packaging them up as favors.  This recipe looks amazing and fairly easy to do.  The instructions are light hearted and clear.  Pair these with the unexpected Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or York Peppermint patties for something even better.

bouncy marshmallows
DIY Fluffy Marshmallows via SmittenKitchen

Are the marshmallows a little daunting for your DIY attempt?  Try out these S'more inspired truffles instead. Yummy!!!!

s'mores truffles
S'more Truffles

Create a signature drink for your festivities.  The Cotton candy Cosmopolitan fits the bill!!!!

Cotton Candy Cosmo

Go sticky sweet and romantic with heart shaped cotton candy sugar cookies.  I like the idea of playing with the colors of cotton candy to match your wedding colors.  Here is a how to on tinting your own sugar to make custom colored cotton candy.  Find a cotton candy machine at Amazon.com here.

Cotton Candy Sugar Cookie Pops

Cookies not your thing???  Cupcakes instead then.  Check out these whimsical cake creations.  I bet you could find a baker to help you create a wedding cake in this style :)

Cotton Candy Cupcakes
Hope you aren't drooling too much.  If you are that's okay.  Just wipe your chin and make sure no one saw a thing.  Discreet is the key.  I hope you enjoy these tasty DIY ideas as much as I do.  My Pintrest.com explorations when nuts when searching this topic.


Krissy
Make Believe'N Wedding Alternatives LLC
www.etsy.com/shop/krissy167

3 comments:

  1. Can I even stand it??? A smores bar.....hmmmm..... I think I would be sick for two days afterwards. Who could stop eating them? Not me! I may just have to do this for my daughters graduation party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Who doesn't adore cotton candy and s'mores! Great feature!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...