Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Edible Artwork Wedding Cakes by FairyCakesandFaces





Fairy Cakes and Faces is ran by Nic (Nicola) Shipley.  Mother of three and wife to a British soldier Nic lives just outside of London England in Surrey.  Nic started her cake creations on a whim.  A couple of family birthday cakes for inspiration and a drive to create wonderful artistic cakes got her started.  What I love about her story is every bit of what you see is natural ability.  She is not 'trained' in culinary arts or in painting techniques.  Every piece of hers is a creation, a piece of edible artwork.  They seem almost too beautiful to eat.
  
The offbeat part of me appreciates the quirkiness of her style and the adult content section of her web site (think bachelor party cake).  So I'm excited to share with you this wonderful 'artist' and 'culinary genius'.  Fairycakesandfaces.co.uk !!!  


My only regret is that we are too far apart for me to see her cakes in person!


Krissy
Make Believe'N
www.etsy.com/shop/krissy167

5 comments:

  1. Yeah - I think a cake like that should be ordered for ANY occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cakes was both beautiful and absolutely delicious! I would recommend Liza to anyone for these wedding cakesThank you so much for creating a beautiful and delicious cake

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...