Alternative Favor for your Shower or Party:
Did you drool when you saw this? I've been on a diet my entire adult life (I think) and I know the idea of salty smoky bacon turned into a sweet treat makes my mouth water. Yum!!! I found this receipe on Food.com and it sounds like the perfect snack for a bridal shower or engagement party. I am staying away from the wedding day because of the DIY factor. No one wants soggy bacon (due to day before prep) and bacon odors should never mix with wedding day attire.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- 1 Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2 Mix the chili powder and brown sugar in a shallow bowl.
- 3 Fit a sheet of parchment paper onto a jelly-roll pan.
- 4 Bury each slice of bacon in the chili and sugar mixture; rub both sides to assure the mixture adheres.
- 5 Lay the bacon strips on the prepared pan.
- 6 The bacon strips may be left flat or twisted two or three times by holding each end to make a candied "stick".
- 7 Bake for 30 minutes without turning.
- 8 Always transfer candied bacon using tongs; the hot sugar can easily burn your fingers.
I think this would be best served broken into one inch pieces and served (don't forget the plastic bag) in paper or fabric cones tied with ribbon to coordinate with wedding colors and/or themes. Raffia or brown paper would be nice for a rustic feel.
For DIY instructions to make your own paper cones:
Don't feel like making them: BUY THEM HERE:
Don't forget to scour Etsy.com for your favorite paper goods shop. It is very likely that they are willing and able to create these for you in any style you like.
A personal favorite shop of mine is GreyDogDesigns. A go to source for invitations and neat fingerprint trees.
Good eating and we will work out after the party!