Froo froo and fancy is not my style. I prefer jeans and ponytails. For couples that prefer a relaxed wedding reception I've got a very yummy cookie to be served along with a pint.
1 cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting hands
- 1 cup pecans, chopped into very small pieces
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 24 Snyder's pretzel snaps
- -Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Line cookies sheets with parchment paper.
Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar at low speed until it is smooth. Beat in the vanilla. At low speed gradually add the flour. Mix in the pecans and chocolate morsels with a spatula. With floured hands, take out about 1 tablespoon of dough and shape into a ball. Continue to dust hands with flour as you make more cookies. Place onto prepared cookie sheets. Press pretzel into the top of each ball flattening the ball a little. Bake for 40 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Parts of this receipe are compliments of the Food Network and Paula Dean, I have doctored it into "beer cookies"